Saturday, September 20, 2014

Captains Blog. Stardate VAYCAY 1

There's something about driving through Ohio at 4am blasting "Back Dat Ass Up" fueled by caffeine and a desperate urge too pee that makes me feel like we're finally on vacation.   Not only are we a far west as we've ever been but I just had the weirdest experience at a truck stop, and no it didn't involve a glory hole.

I was taking my much anticipated leak when an Amish man comes in to piss as well, decked out in his straw hat, blue shirt and brown vest and pants, sporting a beard and looking like he was ready to start a day in the life an Amish, whatever that met be.  The wired part was by the time I was done with my leak every bathroom stall and urinal was filled with  Amish people and Amish dudes waiting to use the bathroom.  This is a truck stop bathroom so there's probably thirty stations to relieve yourself and is huge but all of the sudden I found myself in the middle of an Amish rave at ten after four in the morning at a pit stop off I80.  Then I walked out and all their wives and daughters were walking around the rest stop looking like lost sheep.  Oh and they all smelled weird, can't really put my finger on what life though.

Then we walked back out to the car and couldn't figure out where the hell they came from.  No buggys, no farms in site. It was life the children of the corn, they just walked in off the fields and we probably escaped with our lives.

OK that's all for now, typing on my tablet is annoying so I might wait until I get to a computer.   On with the quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment